Monoprice multi-format screen problems? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
  • 1 Post By rwestley
post #1 of 4 Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Based on the discussions in the forum, I purchased a 120" multi-format screen from Monoprice. As others noted, the instructions are pretty basic (wanting?), but not too difficult to put together. I assembled it in a couple of hours but when I leaned it against the wall to test it, found out that the bottom part of the multiformat panel doesn't retract back into the roller. Contacted monoprice and sent them a picture of the problem and they agreed to send me a replacement.

Now my replacement is giving the same problem. The top panel seems to retract fine, but the bottom panel does not go back. I didn't see anyone else report this problem so I'm curious if I just have bad luck and ended up getting two bad panels or it's something else including my assembling skills.

Would appreciate feedback from other Monoprice multi-format screen owners before calling monoprice again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 11-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Tariq,

I just received my 120" screen from Monoprice and was having no problem putting it together until I couldn't get the bottom mask to retract. As in your case, the top is fine, but the bottom one is stuck open. Did you ever fix this problem or has anyone else been able to resolve?

Thank you,
post #3 of 4 Old 02-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Same problem here - anyone find a solution or fix?
post #4 of 4 Old 02-12-2015, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I know what the problem is with the Monoprice screens. The manufacture used plastic parts on the side insides of the masking mechanism. They crack and break, that is what causes the problem. I sent Monoprice the broken parts and I think that they plan to change them in future shipments. My first screen had the same problem and they replaced it with another having the same issue as others have reported. I decided that instead of sending it back I took it apart and had a welding shop make side inside brackets out of metal instead of plastic. Had it put back together and it has been working fine ever since. I sent the 4 broken plastic masking roller brackets back to Monoprice so that they would send them to the factory and get the problem fixed. I suggest that you contact them to see if the problem has been resolved. It seems that they had a bad run on the screens with masking. That being said the rest of the screen is really well made and if they resolve this issue the screen will become a great buy. If there is a problem I would suggest that you call Monoprice and check if they have made improvements. It seems that the screens were out of stock for a while so I am guessing that things might have been fixed.
rossandwendy likes this.

Last edited by rwestley; 02-13-2015 at 06:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Reply Screens