AVS Forum banner

Cinegrey or Cinewhite?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hiperco 
#1 ·
I have an Epson 5010 projector to use, screen size 120, ceiling mounted about 16 ft back, room has a white ceiling and yellow walls. The room can be darkened completely but many times I would like to read while watching, should I get the Elite cinegrey or cinewhite? I would like the better contrast the gre may offer bot don't want it to dark, any advice is appreciated, thanks.

#2 ·
I suggest you ask for samples from Elite. I just got some samples, in my opinion the grey is very grey, to the point that I don't think I like it. The cinewhite is almost too much gain and shows sparkles. The AcousticPro1080 seems to be the best from a gain standpoint, but it seems to make noticeable moire' patterns with my Epson 3020. I will keep looking as a result...

#3 ·
Thanks for the input, I purchased the cinegrey in the cinetension series, really good price from Amazon, I'll let you know what I think after I get it setup. Where I live I've never seen the 5010 in action so hopefully I'll be pleased with this combo.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco  /t/1447261/cinegrey-or-cinewhite#post_22771403

I suggest you ask for samples from Elite. I just got some samples, in my opinion the grey is very grey, to the point that I don't think I like it. The cinewhite is almost too much gain and shows sparkles. The AcousticPro1080 seems to be the best from a gain standpoint, but it seems to make noticeable moire' patterns with my Epson 3020. I will keep looking as a result...

I was thinking of getting a CineWhite screen. I currently have the MaxWhite and I don't like how it handles bright scenes - it seems to hotspot. Your comment about sparkles has me worried that it may be the same. Can you tell me how big the sample is and how you ordered it - I couldn't find it on their website.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.