Where to buy tubular motor for Stewart Trapdoor Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Screen is Stewart Filmscreen Electrimask Trapdoor ABTEMH100, I bought it in January 2002.

Have been having trouble with intermittent trapdoor opening upon first try. Have eliminated everything in circuit except motor. I think maybe the old motor just doesn't have enough starting torque anymore to get the door moving on first try; it always works on second try. So, I have removed the door and extracted the motor. I need advice on where to buy a new one.

The motor data are:

Made by ASA; product number is 01337; barcode //69504-//01337; V120; Hz60; Nm50; rpm3; W384; cl H; min 4; IP44.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. While I'm waiting for an answer on where to buy a new motor, I will disassemble the old motor and see if I can remove the starter capacitor for potential replacement.

Dan@SI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Update: Had to go buy a security bit but have opened the tube and extracted the motor capacitor. Like the motor, it is made in Italy but I found a supplier in Sarasota and have ordered the replacement. So, I should receive it either Monday or Wednesday of next week depending on whether it ships today or tomorrow. And, of course, I had to pay six times what it would cost in Europe but I could only find one source...

Will update after I replace the capacitor and reinstall the motor and door.

Dan@SI
post #3 of 3 Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

OK, I replaced the capacitor and reinstalled the door. The problem is still not fixed. So, I must find a replacement motor. Help as to where would be requested. I'm gonna try to find Mark Robinson's email address and see if I can get his help.

Dan@SI
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page