Build AT screen or Buy? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-27-2012, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am about to jump into the projector world. Have a 58 plasma that just feels to small for movies and games.

Projector will be either the HD33 or the benq w1070 when it comes to out.

Now im looking at screens. Originally I was gonna go DIY and build a AT screen and cover my front speakers. But after some looking around i found the Elite motorized screen that I think would be kinda cool and i would be able to keep the plasma and just cover it with the Projector screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-ELECTRIC125H-A1080P2-Spectrum-Projection/dp/B0093E81FA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356619077&sr=8-2&keywords=acoustically+transparent+projector+screen

Has anyone had any experience with these screens? It seems to get good reviews but not much talk about its AT qualitys in the reviews.

DIY would most like be cheaper.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 109
So you are going to build a false wall for less the $400? Or you are going to build an an electric AT drop down screen for less than $400?
As to the quality of a $400, electric drop down, acoustically transparent screen?
I am sure it is worth $400, and will go up and down, reflect light, and let some sound pass through.
Here is urm's screen fabric report form a few years ago, not sure this product was in his review but you can check it out. AT fabric is near the end and the heading was not changed to reflect the fact that the second chart is AT fabric.
http://accucalhd.com/documents/accucal_front_projection_screen_report.pdf
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page