Angular Reflective Screen and Shelf Mounting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to figure out different options to place my projector. Is ceiling mount the best way to go with an angular reflective screen like a black diamond? Is shelf mounting behind seating area not recommended at all for such screen types? I am trying to figure out if shelf mount would be doable in my setup. Projector lens will be almost dead center to the screen if shelf mounted; seating/viewing area would be about 2 feet both in front and below the shelf/projector height. Or should i elevate the mounting height to increase the angle of incidence towards screen to make use of its angular reflective property? If so, i need to figure out a way to make my rear shelf taller...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If there is no angle of incidence to speak of (dead center), wouldn't an angular reflective screen behave just the same as a retro-reflective screen ...
post #3 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've been battling this for a few weeks now. According to Elite's website, in your case with an angular reflective screen the ideal placement
for the PJ would be 2 feet above center if viewing is 2 feet below center.
I have been testing angular reflective materials for my setup. 96" screen, 13 ft throw ceiling mounted, viewing from 12 ft.
All material I have tested (Elite Airbright 3d, 5d, Powergain) are fine in the center but the image on the right side of the screen is almost
non-existent if viewed from a point even with the left edge of the screen. Basically worthless sitting on a full size sofa 11 feet away.
All the viewing angle specs deal with the light reflected from the center of the screen and do not address the issue that the limit has been exceeded
by the time you look at the edge of the screen.
td
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page