100" Fixed Frame ME169F-100 from ebay ; great frame, bad screen material - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just assemble a 100 inch fixed frame screen that I bought on ebay for 250-300$. I tough I would share some picture of the screen for people who are looking to buy one like this one. This is the model number ME169F-100. Despite the quality of the frame and the easy assembly, I would advise not to buy this screen, the material is not projection grade. There is no hotspotting and contrast are pretty good but I have vertical lines every 10 inch that drives me crazy, the line are not from shipping or rolling of the screen, they are perfectly straight lines that are exactly 10 inch appart one from the other, probably from the manufacturing process.There is no way that I will use this screen for a long period of time, I will buy a better one as soon as I can find a store that ship them to my remote place or until I go south and bring one back. I may try to fit this frame with some better screen material later.

The screen ship in a sturdy box, the velvet frame is well protect, just as the screen material

The frame is very good looking, great finish

These sliding clips are where the screen material attach, they slide freely allowing you to apply the desired tension on the screen where you want

Here you see the plastic square that fit inside the aluminium tubing to attach the frame together, there is also some threaded pieces that slide in the frame to attach the brackets later

The screen material attach to the clips easily, there are metal rods in the edge over the holes to prevent the material from breaking while streching, it take at most 15 minutes to have perfect stretch

The screen look pretty good for a low budget fixed frame, until you fire the projector and you see those terrible vertical line across the picture, they are very annoying the the picture pan or a character walk trough one of them, I walk away from cinema for screen with less distracting flaw than that. This screen is going to the trash soon, sadly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Please let us know where you got this screen from. I would also contact the seller and let them know about the problem. I would think that if there is a defect in the material they would send you another screen. You also did not describe what type of material the screen is made of. Is it white, or grey?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The seller was e-trader-deals, the problem with shipping it back for a refund is that it cost almost as much in shipping than the screen, I am in a remote town and the fedex delevery guy is coming only once a month for those bigger box, he is 350 miles away.

The material is a white pvc back with blacked rubber, the black backing is causing the lines, like if something was touching it when it was coming out of the roll in the manufacture.

I just ordered an Elite EZ frame in cinema white and I really hope that the material is not from the same factory. In the last year, I spent a fortune trying to have a decent display and have yet to find one.

First, I purchased a HC4000 to replace a HC3800 that failed. Two month later, I had to sell the projector after a living room re configuration and I purchased a Samsung 64 inch plasma for 3500$. That plasma wa making a terrible humming noise when I was sitting directly in front of it, so I sold it for 1000$ and purchased a 5000$ Sharp 70'' LCD to avoid that plasma noise, all was great until I notice the bad clouding in each corners from the led back ligth. Returning the TV to the store was out of the question as I am 800 miles from the store, so I sold that one for 2000$ and went back to projector, my first projector was not working properly and I had to return it and now I have a good one, but a bad screen.... nerver ending story that at the end will have cost me more than a Runco or top of the line Sony 4k projector would have cost me....
post #4 of 4 Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouFermont View Post

The seller was e-trader-deals, the problem with shipping it back for a refund is that it cost almost as much in shipping than the screen, I am in a remote town and the fedex delevery guy is coming only once a month for those bigger box, he is 350 miles away.

The material is a white pvc back with blacked rubber, the black backing is causing the lines, like if something was touching it when it was coming out of the roll in the manufacture.

I just ordered an Elite EZ frame in cinema white and I really hope that the material is not from the same factory. In the last year, I spent a fortune trying to have a decent display and have yet to find one.

First, I purchased a HC4000 to replace a HC3800 that failed. Two month later, I had to sell the projector after a living room re configuration and I purchased a Samsung 64 inch plasma for 3500$. That plasma wa making a terrible humming noise when I was sitting directly in front of it, so I sold it for 1000$ and purchased a 5000$ Sharp 70'' LCD to avoid that plasma noise, all was great until I notice the bad clouding in each corners from the led back ligth. Returning the TV to the store was out of the question as I am 800 miles from the store, so I sold that one for 2000$ and went back to projector, my first projector was not working properly and I had to return it and now I have a good one, but a bad screen.... nerver ending story that at the end will have cost me more than a Runco or top of the line Sony 4k projector would have cost me....

There is a lot of stuff being sold as screen material which is actually black out cloth or something else. There seems to be a few sellers that deliver real screen material. There are a few factories that make the material for a few major screen makers in the US. Some of this material is also sold on Ebay but at higher prices. Sorry that you are having such problems.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page