Mount screen with Liquid Nails? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've purchased a 110" 16:9 Elite screen. My screen wall (for the foreseeable future) is a poured concrete basement foundation wall. I'd like to a kid drilling into it and am thinking of adhering the two mounting plates using Liquid Nails. The screen will weigh less than 30lbs so I can't see any reason why this wont be more than adequate to support the screen weight. Anything I'm not thinking through as to why this wont work? Anyone done something similar or have a better solution to mount to a foundation wall?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobms1 View Post

I've purchased a 110" 16:9 Elite screen. My screen wall (for the foreseeable future) is a poured concrete basement foundation wall. I'd like to a kid drilling into it and am thinking of adhering the two mounting plates using Liquid Nails. The screen will weigh less than 30lbs so I can't see any reason why this wont be more than adequate to support the screen weight. Anything I'm not thinking through as to why this wont work? Anyone done something similar or have a better solution to mount to a foundation wall?

Rent/borrow a small hammer drill and install the cleats using tapcon screws. Tapcon is a brand name like Formica. They were the first ones I believe that developed concrete anchoring screws. So any brand will work. Lowes and Home Depot sell these.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page