Have my projector setup. Now need to determine Screen Size. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Benq W1070. The projector throws ~110" image at the distance it's at(about 9.5') which is also the distance I sit from the screen. It is already mounted to the ceiling at the furthest distance I could get from the front wall. I am looking to get a screen that fits the projected image snugly where there is basically no gap between the edge of the image and the edge of the screen border.

The image that is projected is 53.75"H x 95.5"W and that is just under the screen size for a 110" screen based on what I have found.

I want a fixed frame screen.

Should I go for a 106" screen size? I think I'd rather use a touch of manual zoom and get it down to a 106" that fills the whole screen edge to edge rather than go 110" and have that bit of a gap. What do you think I should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Is the issue limited clearance of the back of the projector to the rear wall or somthing else such as the integrity of the ceiling mounting point. depending on the mount, there are mount accessories which would allow the projector to be moved back a bit without moving the mount.

Otherwise a screen can be cut to any size you want by most manufacturer. What screen are you considering?

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #3 of 4 Old 03-05-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

I am looking at the Elite 106" or 110" fixed frame. I have to use Amazon because my credit card points can be used as currency on the site and that's all the money I have left rolleyes.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-ER106WH1-Projection-Screen/dp/B00366KE42/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

That is a good idea to check if I can get a little more out of the mount. There isn't much clearance right now between it and the back wall but maybe I can get it an inch or two more back and fill up the 110" screen.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-05-2013, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

If I am not able to adjust the mount however, do you suggest going down to the 106" or staying at the 110" with a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap on the edge of the screen? And mark, can you point me in the direction of a ceiling mount accessory that does what you state?
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page