Vapex tension screen vs elite tension screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone, new to here but reading all sorts of great things. Quite frankly almost have a headache from reading so much. I'd like to narrow down if at all possible. Looking at possibly getting either the visual apex 120" tension screen or the elite screen cinetension 2 121". I have a epson 3020 and am very happy as this is my first projector. Powered by a yamaha RX-V673 with klipsch surround. I have waited on the screen because there are so many options. I like the idea of staying in the price range of 750 to 1500 so if you guys have any other suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-09-2013, 04:16 AM

Liked: 26
I was in the same position as you were. I have an Epson 8010, my first projector, and screen choices were the Elite Cinetension 2 and the Vapex screen. I watched the price on Amazon bounce around on the Elite and ended up choosing it as I got the Cinetension 2 135 inch in cinegrey for about $780 delivered. The images on the screen looks great but I cannot get the image perfectly centered because the screen itself is not quite even. Also a slight wave is at the bottom. I think it is a good cheap screen. I did not want to pay more than I did so I am happy with it. I also considered another one on Amazon that was much less but worth the gamble, I can look it up if you are interested. Where I live I could not audition screens so this made it more difficult. Also I will not go through the hassle of returning such a large item and I knew this going in to the Elite purchase, unless it simply didn't work. Good luck. Let me know if I can help.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the input. It's just such a toss up. Most reviews I have read about vapex are consistently good while elites are back and forth. I'm sure either one i will be happy with compared to my white sheet that is up temporarily. Lol
post #4 of 4 Old 03-12-2013, 05:17 PM

Liked: 26
I think the Vapex is a more predictable screen, good luck.
Reply Screens