Question about screen measuring - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-24-2013, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I'm about 99.9% sure that my wall will support a 120" screen with no problem. Before I pull the gun on a screen, I need some guidance to make sure I'm measuring the space correctly. The screen I'm looking at is framed with black velvet borders. I looked at the overall dimensions from the manufacturers website and they are 120" diagonal, total width including frame of 114" and a total height with frame of 66". I'm more than fine on space when I measure the overall height and width, but it seems too large when I measure diagonally. I think I'm doing something wrong here. So my question is this, does the diagonal size matter if the overall height and width are ok on my wall? I say that because if the height and width are ok, the diaganol size should be fine because it fits inside those two dimensions. At least that's what my unsure brain is telling me smile.gif Am I crazy here? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-24-2013, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I take it this screen has a frame that's about 4.25" wide? If so that makes the screen about 16.5:9 in aspect ratio, or about 3 inches too wide for 16:9. Not sure what to make of that. But if the height and width both work for your room, that's all there is to it! I'm not sure I understand what you mean about it seeming too large measured diagonally. Is the shape something other than a rectangle? wink.gif
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page