Monoprice 27" IPS monitor compatibility issue with OSX Mountain Lion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I purchased Monoprice's new 27" IPS monitors (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=9579&seq=1&format=2) along with a mini-displayport to dual-link DVI adapter (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=6904&seq=1&format=2) to use on my mid-2010 Macbook Pro running OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3.

I've been getting very inconsistent results with the monitor. For the most part, the display would turn on for about 1/2 second then turn off. I have to unplug then replug the mini-displayport 10-15 times until I can get a stable picture, which is extremely frustrating. The adapter is currently plugged into a powered USB hub, but I get the same problem by plugging into my Macbook Pro's USB ports directly. I tried plugging the monitor into different outlets and still get the same result.

I RMA'd the monitor, got a second one and still experienced the same problem. Then I RMA'd the 2nd monitor along with the adapter and am STILL experiencing the same issues. I've spoken to the tech support several times and most of them don't really know what's going on except a guy named Lamont (who no longer works there). He said that he's experiencing the same issue with his Monoprice monitor & Macbook Pro and said that he thinks its a compatibility issue with Mountain Lion as it works fine with older versions of OSX.

What do you guys think? I really don't want to return the monitor, but I will have to if this issue isn't resolved soon.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-03-2013, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Anyone? =(
post #3 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
i just ordered the newer 27" monitor from monoprice...this one has displayport connectivity, and monoprice says it does not suffer from the same problems as the current 27" does with mac computers...i will let you know when it arrives if this is true or not.

Tim
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page