Is 92" Black Diamond / Epson 6010 right for my situation at this price. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Gents,
My 60" Sony LCD is on it's last leg so I have decided to take the plunge and go the projector / screen route. My viewing distance ranges from 9' at the closest to 13.5' for most of the seating (see pic). I was thinking at least a 100" screen and because it will go in a living room with some ambient light I was looking at the black diamond screens ($2600 to $3600) mainly because I think I need it for my room. I will mostly be watching sports (Baseball, Football, Golf) but also want to get as much of the full immersive theater experience for movies as I can without having a dedicated theater room. I found a place that is selling their demo units (Epson 6010 and a Black Diamond 1.4 Gain 92"). List price for both is close to $6K but I can get both of these for $3500. The Epson 6010 has about 1500 hours on it. My main hesitation is that the screen is only 92" but based on my viewing distance I was curious what others think about the deal for both the Epson 6010 and the BD screen for my room. Any comments or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Please see attached pic for the details of my room (assuming it works. First time I've tried to add pic).

THANKS...

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page