Best VFM Ambient Light Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-04-2013, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My home theatre is in our living room space, with white walls and ceiling, huge windows and in an open space environment...in other words, even at night time it is never pitch black and in day time it is impossible to control light pollution.

I have reviewed many articles and threads on Black Diamond, Stewarts, DNP and Draper - and rapidly coming to the conclusion that the Draper Linear model, with React 2.1 screen material (gain 1.0 and view cone 72%) may be the best option for me.

I am looking for a an electric, max width 300cm, and probably 16:9 (as seems the better option for multi use rather than 2.35:1)

The draper model is circa $4,300 USD, and had received many rave reviews on AV forum (UK based). ..even in comparison to more expensive models of DNP, Stewart and SI BD.

Current Projector is a panasonic PT AE-30000 (tho most likely will upgrade to 8000 equivalent in the future...another decision altogether)

From skirting through this forum, there are a lot of intelligent enthusiasts out there...so I would be very grateful for any advice or comments, that could point me in the right direction for screen selection...and if you need ay further background details - fire away...

Thanks

smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-04-2013, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Have you seen this topic? http://www.avsforum.com/t/1458867/dnp-vs-challengers
post #3 of 5 Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Elix - I may jump on to that thread as well...very interesting read, tho unfortunately there does not appear to be a direct comparison to the Draper React 2.1 material (even though that appeared to be one of Ader's options up front...)

Also interesting to hear that the DNP is getting such rave reviews and appears to be the final screen of choice...however, the 23-23 material is not available for the electric screens (no way the missus will allow me to put a moster fixed screen in our living room eek.gif ), and on other searches i have heard a number of reports that state the Tab-ensioning on the Draper avoids any of the ripples that can sometimes occur on the DNP, and the picture was as very similar on both formats (with some people even saying the Draper wins out...tho personal preferences can always differ I guess)

and the draper would be less than half the price of the DNP...I think??

...still very keen to hear any direct comparisons v Draper react 2.1...

thanks
post #4 of 5 Old 01-02-2014, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSHK View Post

Thanks Elix - I may jump on to that thread as well...very interesting read, tho unfortunately there does not appear to be a direct comparison to the Draper React 2.1 material (even though that appeared to be one of Ader's options up front...)

Also interesting to hear that the DNP is getting such rave reviews and appears to be the final screen of choice...however, the 23-23 material is not available for the electric screens (no way the missus will allow me to put a moster fixed screen in our living room eek.gif ), and on other searches i have heard a number of reports that state the Tab-ensioning on the Draper avoids any of the ripples that can sometimes occur on the DNP, and the picture was as very similar on both formats (with some people even saying the Draper wins out...tho personal preferences can always differ I guess)

and the draper would be less than half the price of the DNP...I think??

...still very keen to hear any direct comparisons v Draper react 2.1...

thanks

Hi PSHK, I too am interested to know more about the ReAct 2.1, did you get to see it in action ? Would be nice to hear the aftermath of your research.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-04-2014, 07:21 AM

Also interesting to hear that the DNP is getting such rave reviews and appears to be the final screen of choice...however, the 23-23 material is not available for the electric screens

67jnKg

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page