Hello. I am asking for advice as to which screen is recommended for satisfactory foot-lamberts for both 2D and 3D viewing. I have included pictures of the four sides of my family room which I am willing to darken using black, velvet curtains, if a nice, architectural finish can be accomplished. I am intrigued by R Harkness' Home Theater Build ideas, however, I can limit my front pj viewing to nightime (dark) conditions without curtains if the numbers (lumens and ft-l) are good at night.
My requests after considerable AVS forum reading:
1) I would like a 120", AT, motorized retractable, scope screen, with masking options
2) Would purchase a Sony VPL-1000ES for PQ but am concerned over lumen ouput.
3) My viewing distance is 13'
4) Room depth is 16'8"
5) The Sony projector is 20.5W x 8H x 25.3D which (leaving some space for ventilation) brings the face of the projector out approx. 31-35" from back wall.
6) Effective throw distance become in the range of 13'5" (almost overhead from my viewing position if my calculations are close to correct).
7) In the daytime, the 55" HDTV will be used and when dark, I would like to use the AT screen dropping over all 3 speakers and the tv.
I realize that the cost of the pj and screen alone get me in the 50K ballpark and I would be majorly depressed if I didn't get the pop and wow that others with this pj are experiencing. I have had 2 A/V installers evaluate my room and I have little confidence in their lack of detail in regard to my brightness issues. They just tell me that it will be fine! Your input is highly appreciated.