Recommendations for Inexpensive Motorized ~100" Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-12-2013, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am purchasing my first projector to replace a DLP TV that is going through the last phases of it's life. Unfortunately I've left little in my budget to purchase a screen, so I am looking to purchasing a screen with the knowledge that I will be replacing it with a much better one at a later time. (I would rather not spend that time watching the projector without a screen).

My requirements for this are:
  • motorized
  • maximum external width of 90 inches - this only matters for the section that drops down including the screen, but would also need to include the bar/weight at the bottom - Also assumes that the distance from the screen to the edge of the casing is no more than 3 inches. If it is greater, than the size of the screen would need to be smaller (in my placement, only the left side matters)
  • less than $1000
  • acoustically transparent

I would love to hear some recommendations...

Thanks, really appreciate your help!

Edited to add the acoustically transparent requirement. This is really is a nice to have and not a requirement, but definitely would give me an awesome option to have a larger screen than my space would allow for and easier to find a pre-built size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-13-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-HD-100-16-100-Inch-Projector/dp/B0017S37IG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1365880226&sr=8-4&keywords=favi+projector+screen+16+9http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-HD-100-16-100-Inch-Projector/dp/B0017S37IG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1365880226&sr=8-4&keywords=favi+projector+screen+16+9

Is this less than $1K enough?

I've been using the 120" model for 2 1/2 years and have been very happy with it. Never had any wrinkles or waves and operates perfectly. If it died I'd get another. JMHO

Ed
post #3 of 6 Old 04-13-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch for the input, I've seen a couple other people on this forum using the FAVI screens. That's significantly cheaper than the one that I saw on Magnolia's site.

Out of curiousity, while this isn't a requirement, is this screen capable of putting speakers behind it? Or will that cause sound degradation?

Alternatively, do you happen to know any acoustically transparent options?
post #4 of 6 Old 04-13-2013, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95CameronHawk View Post

Thanks a bunch for the input, I've seen a couple other people on this forum using the FAVI screens. That's significantly cheaper than the one that I saw on Magnolia's site.

Out of curiousity, while this isn't a requirement, is this screen capable of putting speakers behind it? Or will that cause sound degradation?

Alternatively, do you happen to know any acoustically transparent options?

Sorry but no it's not an AT screen and I'm sure your sound would probably be degraded if you have to place your speakers behind it. Fortunately, I don't need to do that. Hopefully another forum member can suggest a decent budget screen that's AT.
Best of luck!

Ed
post #5 of 6 Old 04-13-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks I really appreciate your help with this... And advice. I'll definitely keep this option up as available. Just would be awesome if I could put speakers behind the screen.

Sorry for the evolving requirements. Edited the initial posting to include this
post #6 of 6 Old 04-13-2013, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Based on viewing other postings on this forum and looking online, the best I have found thus far that meets my needs is:
Elite Screen Electric 125 with the AcousticPro1080P2 screen ( http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-ELECTRIC125H-A1080P2-Spectrum-Projection/dp/B0093E81FA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365888890&sr=1-1&keywords=ELECTRIC125H-A1080P2 ).

It doesn't fit into my dimensions, but I have found a way to make it work with the larger dimensions.

Based on the reviews I've seen from amazon and this forum it seems like a decent screen, but does any one have any better ideas?

Thanks!!
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page