Small high power screen on a budget? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-14-2013, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys, I've been doing some research regarding a screen for my little office LED pj setup. It's around 63" or so, 16:9 aspect to mate with my little Optoma PT100 (50 lumens) that has a 16:9 native aspect ratio. It's a small space because it's in my office and fits between the space between my computer desk (above the monitor) and a long shelf that runs horizontally near the top of the ceiling.

So far the only place I've seen that carries small screens anywhere near my size is Da-lite and I'm pretty much restricted to buying the screen material and building my own.

Right now I'm in a slow work situation so I can't swing what Da-Lite wants for their material so I was trying to see what other companies might sell screen material or smaller fixed 16:9 screens on a small budget. This is obviously a luxury item so I'm just trying to see what my options are until work improves. Obviously, a High Power screen/material bests suits my toy pj but I'm open to suggestions as well.

Screen dimensions are right at 32/33"H x 57-58"W. My current 'screen' for the last 2 years is a white satin painted piece of pink hard foamboard from Home Depot which has a gain of what, 0.5 lol? I may try some of the various screen paint concoctions but would prefer a HP screen if possible sometime down the road.

I'm continuing my research but thanks guys for any info you might have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-14-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 155
It's cheaper to buy a HP screen than the material, even more so a used one.

Noah
post #3 of 3 Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 263
The manual pull down High Power screens are less expensive than just the material. Give me a call and I'll see what I can do.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page