replacing old 4:3 screen with 16:9 screen measurement question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My current screen is a 4:3 focupix the actual electric "frame" is right at 10' across. I want to use the same mounting points in the ceiling with the new screen 16:9 so what size screen do I need to purchase? I can provide any measurements needed for my screen if needed. Also when purchasing a screen if it says it is a 120" screen is that a diagonal measurement or width measurement?

Thanks,

Jacads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-21-2013, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacads View Post

My current screen is a 4:3 focupix the actual electric "frame" is right at 10' across. I want to use the same mounting points in the ceiling with the new screen 16:9 so what size screen do I need to purchase? I can provide any measurements needed for my screen if needed. Also when purchasing a screen if it says it is a 120" screen is that a diagonal measurement or width measurement?

Thanks,

Jacads

I have a Focupix 120" 16:9 diagonal screen (it was listed by htdepot.com as 125" but they count the black borders). It measures 9'11" wide between the mounting holes. BTW, I'm sure that this screen is the same as the Favi that can be found both on both Amazon and ebay for much less than I paid at htdepot.com. I've had mine for 2 1/2 years with NO problems and would buy again except I'd get the one with the Favi name on it.wink.gif
Hope this helps.

Ed
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page