Fixed Frame in basement for use with Panasonic's PT-AE8000U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have never owned a projector. This would be my first projector purchase. As of this moment I am leaning towards buying the Panasonic 8000u. I will be using this for tv, movies and video games. I am looking for a screen around 115 - 120" in a 16:9 ratio. I have seen about 3 different types of screens discussed: FocusPix 16:9 (http://www.simplylowprice.com/Focupix_Widescreen_Fixed_Frame_Screen_115_White_p/40016.htm) , Jamestown, and Elite. If anyone could recommend or give me their opinions on these brands that would be great. I see that people really love jamestown. Just remember, I know nothing about projectors and screens at all. I'm pretty sure I will be getting a white screen and not grey.

Theater Build thread here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-23-2013, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anyone???

I have to remeasure the wall, but i think i can max out at like 105" or so.

Theater Build thread here
post #3 of 3 Old 07-23-2013, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I went with one of these http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_electronics?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Silver%20Ticket%20Products&node=172282

As far as I can tell this is the same (or almost the same) as the well regarded fixed frames that monoprice sells, but at a lower price than monoprice (and monoprice are known for good quality and low prices). Very easy to assemble. (See my post here).

I am sure any of the other three would get the job done. I've read that it can take a while to get your Jamestown, but if you can wait probably no big deal.

Only choose a grey screen if you have a bright projector (+ sufficiently short throw) and will watch a lot in a room that you can't (or won't) make sufficiently dark.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page