is a 73"screen worth it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2013, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

Im currently using a 55" TV and am thinking if i should get a projector to pull over the current setup for movies.
As my space is very limited before i get a dedicated space in a few years i have little space to work with.

Ive been looking around and all i can fit is only around 84" but then after looking around i have heard it would be best to get a tab tensioned screen to eliminate waves which i do not want.

I found a Tab tensioned screen that is 73" but im beginning to question if i will benefit from it.
will it be a large upgrade from a 55" screen?
shall i get the 84" non tensioned screen instead?
or is it not just worth it?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Get the 84" and consider it a though away when it get waves.
Not sure how your room is set up or where you will put the projector. If you plan on using a table mount or a behind the seat shelf mount with a projector that has lens shift, look into the Dalite High Power 2.4 Gain screen. This screen will get waves eventually but will not show them when watching content. There are a lot of threads on it and if you can place the projector correctly you will have a 84" plasma in the sweet spot.
I use a 110" old HP 2.8 masked down to 78" (house to small) projector on a small table and I sit about 13' back. It is a BIG upgrade from a 55"
Image was not paused and slow shutter was used. This was just to show family the new masking setup... Yes I put up all the velvet every night.. including right now .. got go!
110" HP masked down to 78"

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page