Seymour Screen Excellence Solid or Carada Brilliant White - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anyone have any experience with the Screen Excellence Solid line? I am looking to eventually purchase a 138" scope screen for my JVC 4810. It is in a light controlled dedicated theater room with no windows and dark brown walls and carpet with a throw of 16 feet. I have been looking at the Carada as I hear a lot of great stuff about them but was also looking at the Screen Excellence Solid. As I will not be using A lens I want to make sure I have enough gain to get the brightness I want from such a large screen. I am told the Carada is closer to 1.2 where the Solid is 1.3. Maybe negligible difference but in addition the Solid screen has a black backing to stop light bleeding.

Does anyone have any thoughts comparing the two or could make a recommendation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-20-2013, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Bummer. No help?
post #3 of 4 Old 05-20-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Give me a call tomorrow and I can help answer your questions.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-21-2013, 10:00 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isantus View Post

Does anyone have any experience with the Screen Excellence Solid line? I am looking to eventually purchase a 138" scope screen for my JVC 4810. It is in a light controlled dedicated theater room with no windows and dark brown walls and carpet with a throw of 16 feet. I have been looking at the Carada as I hear a lot of great stuff about them but was also looking at the Screen Excellence Solid. As I will not be using A lens I want to make sure I have enough gain to get the brightness I want from such a large screen. I am told the Carada is closer to 1.2 where the Solid is 1.3. Maybe negligible difference but in addition the Solid screen has a black backing to stop light bleeding.

Does anyone have any thoughts comparing the two or could make a recommendation?

Sorry can't give you much help on comparing the two as I only had about an hours worth of viewing time on a Carada screen. I am however getting the fixed frame Glacier White non-AT 1.3 screen from SeymourAV (same company). Not sure what the difference between that and their Solid line is under SeymourScreenExcellence. I also won't have it for another month or so as the room isn't finished yet :-( so it will be a while before I can review it. What I can tell you is that Chris Seymour has said positive things about Carada in the past and if you called him or PM'd (user name chriscmore) him here on the forums, he would probably give you an honest answer. I happen to only live a couple of miles from their facility and he gave me a little tour and answered a bunch of questions for me and a friend and has answered a ton more since on topics from room setup to lighting color through PM. They will also send you a standard paper sized sample for free or a 24x24 sample for $20.

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page