Paint or screen (don't have the right drywall) & (pleasing the wife) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live in Arizona, where the drywall was textured by our contractor so it's not smooth and flat as it was in other homes we lived in.
I have a huge wall in our living room which I'd like to put a screen on but the wife doesn't want an 'ugly' white screen hanging there. I do have a motorized screen but she doesn't want to see the tube hanging on the wall either. So I started wondering what my options might be.

First, I wondered if there were any new modern screens which maybe I could pain to match the main wall but that doesn't seem to make any sense.
Then I wondered if there were any new modern screens which perhaps have a beautiful image painted on them so that when you're not using the projector, you have a lovely big image on your wall. Can't seem to find such a thing.

Then I noticed paint, which is something I used many years ago when I needed to do some chroma key work but this isn't the same.
More searching lead to projector paint. Paint might be an option but I have all these wrinkles in the wall (texture) so I don't even have a flat wall really.

Oh A/V forum dwellers, help a man out who's wife is making things difficult but at the same time, who wants to please the wife at the same time.
Besides, isn't it weird how they complain the whole way yet absolutely love cuddling up into those pillows to watch something once it's all done.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
if you are projecting onto an image of scenery, you will see the scenery.... you might want to look into a dropdown screen that can be rolled up and hidden out of the way for when you arent using it.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 03:37 PM

Liked: 11
First thing that came to mind was Vutec's ArtScreen. You could hide anything under there.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 PM

Liked: 10
Or, or , or, you could always stop being as p......ok, I'm not gonna say it (but seriously, I don't get it)
post #5 of 5 Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Some ideas:

1. A fixed screen with curtains or vertical blinds in front that could be opened.
2. Hide the tube of your electric screen behind a valance either solid or draped. Mount track lights on the back side of the valance to illuminate photos or paintings on the wall.
3. Divorce smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page