recess wall mount screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently moved to a house w/ attic access & want to convert my wall mount elite into the attic. I can easliy mount it in the attic, I just need ideas on how to keep it flush at the ceiling in the room. All I have to work w/ is the black bar @ the bottom of the screen & it's bent due to a fall. Can that be taken or cut off & replaced w/ something slimmer or perhaps attaching something flat & white(drywall) to the bottome of it? Anyone ideas? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-04-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Build a box in the attic to house the screen in. Cut slot in ceiling and cover with J-mold. The slot needs to be just big enough for the batten bar. The box needs to be sealed to the ceiling and then insulate over the box. Did this at my brothers house with a manual HP screen. Only thing sticking below the ceiling is the wire pull down loop. Looks slick and works well. It was a little harder for the install we did for my brother. Only half the area was in the attic. We had to remove carpet and pad, then cut out and replace some sub floor. A fair amount of labor involved and if you mess up the ceiling, more labor will be needed.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page