Quiet motorised screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a motorised tab-tensioned screen that has a quiet motor. The model I've been looking at is the Cinetension 2 from Elite. I've never seen the unit in person, only read the reviews. The one requirement I have is that I want a screen that has a quiet motor or the quietest available for the price. I don't know if that is unrealistic or not, but I assume some screen mechanisms have noisier motors than others.

Can anyone give me some suggestions? I don't have an unlimited budget, but any thoughts on this would be appreciated. If anyone has used the Cinetension 2, please offer your thoughts on its operation. Thanks a million!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 112
go to the top of the screen forum and click search and enter Cinetension 2 That should get you the fastest answers. When you read a post from someone with the screen, click on their name to the left and select send PM and ask them. If they are set up they will get email with your question and maybe answer faster. Once people have there setup they don't all visit this forum much. Since there are few people that own more than one or 2 screens you may wait a long time for the answer.
Good luck!
ZeGhostbear likes this.

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

It doesn't have to be the Cinetension 2. I'm just looking for advice. If anyone knows of a relatively inexpensive tab-tensioned screen that is quiet please post. Searching for Cinetension 2 won't necessarily get the information I'm looking for. I'm not concerned about the quality picture. Only the noise and I don't see many comments concerning that part of the purchase. Again, if anyone has suggestions of other screens that fit the bill, please post.
post #4 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 12:41 PM

Liked: 24
I have a Cinetension2, and consider it pretty quiet and relatively fast. On the other hand, it only makes noise when you retract or extend the screen, which should only happen at the beginning or end of your viewing sessions.. making this criteria more important than picture quality seems a little bizarre. It makes no noise whatsoever when you are viewing content.

I suggest reconsidering the priorities, as you may be limiting your options and choosing a screen for something that is, all considered, pretty much irrelevant during the screen's intended operation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanhoek 
It makes no noise whatsoever when you are viewing content.

Obviously it wouldn't make a noise when viewing content. I'm referring to the motor noise when you decide to use the screen - ie when it drops down. You say it's pretty quiet but you say it only makes noise when you retract or extend the screen. That's what I'm talking about. I want as a little noise as possible.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 01:25 PM

Liked: 10
I too have a Cinetension 2 screen. Got it for a steal off ebay for $250 delivered. The only issue it had was that one of the tension lines was a little shorter than the other, so if it was fully extended it would slant to one side. I adjusted it so it wouldn't fully extend and the problem was solved. This is the first motorized screen I've owned so I couldn't tell you if it's the quietest, but it seems quiet to me.
I'd be more concerned with screen size, gain and mounting options.
One thing I love about the Cinetension 2 screen is their mounting system. It makes it a lot easier to center the screen. Once you install the brackets you can slide the screen left or right until it's perfect and then just tighten the nuts and you're done!

post #7 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 01:25 PM

I too have a Cinetension 2 screen. Got it for a steal off ebay for $250 delivered. The only issue it had was that one of the tension lines was a little shorter than the other, so if it was fully extended it would slant to one side. I adjusted it so it wouldn't fully extend and the problem was solved. This is the first motorized screen I've owned so I couldn't tell you if it's the quietest, but it seems quiet to me.
I'd be more concerned with screen size, gain and mounting options.
One thing I love about the Cinetension 2 screen is their mounting system. It makes it a lot easier to center the screen. Once you install the brackets you can slide the screen left or right until it's perfect and then just tighten the nuts and you're done!

post #8 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 PM

Sorry for the double post. Computer at work sucks!!!

post #9 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd371 View Post

Sorry for the double post. Computer at work sucks!!!

If you look at your posts logged in, you will see a red X at the bottom next to the edit button, click that and you can delete the post.

Doug

post #10 of 10 Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM

Liked: 24
Well, when I say it's pretty quiet I mean that it's reasonably quiet, and much quieter/faster than the one other motorized screen I've owned. I owned a regular Elite 125 electric (non tensioned) , for a few weeks before I got the Cinetension2. So I can attest that the Cinetension2 is quieter and faster than the base Elite Screen.

Regards,

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page