The official Falcon Screens acoustically transparent screen thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 144Likes
post #541 of 562 Old 10-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post
I am around ... I looked for your pm and did not see it, send me a quick pm with your email.

Thanks
Rich

No worries, it was a couple of months ago.

PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 562 Old 10-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougUSMC View Post

No worries, it was a couple of months ago.

PM sent
I was gonna say, Rich has been super responsive recently to a couple of minor issues with my install. Top notch in my book!
snickers1 likes this.
post #543 of 562 Old 10-12-2016, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikela View Post
I was gonna say, Rich has been super responsive recently to a couple of minor issues with my install. Top notch in my book!
When you're right, you're right!

He reached right out to me, we traded emails like crazy, and I submitted my order last night!
snickers1 likes this.

post #544 of 562 Old 10-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 57
@snickers1 Do you have an estimated date of when the masking panels for your 16:9 screens can be ordered?

Ross

Speakers/Sub: EMP Tek R55Ti, R56Ci, R5Bi, dual Rythmik L22's
post #545 of 562 Old 10-19-2016, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Thanks for the PM reply Rich. I also PM'd a request and my address for screen material samples.

Cheers,
Ross

Speakers/Sub: EMP Tek R55Ti, R56Ci, R5Bi, dual Rythmik L22's
post #546 of 562 Old 10-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by zebracatzebra 

Has anyone ever done a comparison with the Elite screens AcousticPro 1080P2 screen material (for example on model ER115WH1W-A1080P2)? I'm curious how it compares given its price is less than 50% of the competitors..

Not cheaper than Falcon material (and this is not the place to talk about prices of the competition).

In terms of performance, here is a independent third party report. I have compared the Falcon, SR, both main Seymours. Based on that, the AcousticPro measures low (similar to EN4K, which is quite visibly lower gain than XD and Falcon).

http://www.accucalhd.com/documents/a...een_report.pdf

Hopefully, when Jeff updates his survey, he will have a sample of the Falcon material. Based on seeing it, along with several he has evaluated, I predict:

1. the weave will be considered less visible than everything other than the EN4k
2. the gain will be similar but slightly lower than XD (which makes it much brighter than EN4k, and AcousticPro, etc)

Sorry to quote such an old post, but I'm in the early stages of researching AT screens for a retrofit of my existing home theater. I scanned through this thread, and I noticed the quote above that referenced the report from Jeff Meier. I've had Jeff out a couple of times over the years to calibrate my system, so I trust his opinions. Jeff's report (dated April 2016) refers to the AT material from Falcon simply as "Falcon", and his report stated it was "not very competitive with other commercial screen weaves." Does anyone know which Falcon AT material was used in Jeff's testing and how the latest materials from Falcon compare in terms of audio loss and screen gain? Thanks.
post #547 of 562 Old 10-22-2016, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by seplant View Post
Sorry to quote such an old post, but I'm in the early stages of researching AT screens for a retrofit of my existing home theater. I scanned through this thread, and I noticed the quote above that referenced the report from Jeff Meier. I've had Jeff out a couple of times over the years to calibrate my system, so I trust his opinions. Jeff's report (dated April 2016) refers to the AT material from Falcon simply as "Falcon", and his report stated it was "not very competitive with other commercial screen weaves." Does anyone know which Falcon AT material was used in Jeff's testing and how the latest materials from Falcon compare in terms of audio loss and screen gain? Thanks.
I'm fairly confident he is referring to the Vision HD AT material as he said it to be somewhat similar to shearweave fabric.

Last edited by jjcook; 10-22-2016 at 09:13 PM.
post #548 of 562 Old 10-22-2016, 07:29 PM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Keep in mind falcon horizon has not been tested in this report.
post #549 of 562 Old 11-28-2016, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
My screen also had some streaking on it. You can barely see it with the room lights on (the puckers too) and not at all when the image is projected on the screen, so I haven't thought it that big a deal. Rich said to throw the screen in the dryer on the "steam" cycle for 20 minutes and see if that didn't take those streaks away. They're not wrinkles though, more like slightly discolored streaks. Haven't wanted to take the screen down and put it back together in order to try it yet.
I just recieved, assembled, hung my new 140" diag (2.35) Horizon screen. I'm going to reserve my review thoughts until I get more screen time but for now I will say I absolutely love it paired with my Sony HW40es I have zero 'puckers', install was easy and the screen just has an incredible picture. No weave but I def need more time with it b4 I 'review' it.

Regarding the above post, @archiguy or any other Horizon owners: do you see these 'streaks' on your screen? I have them exactly as described by Archi above. They are not wrinkles but rather a 'streak' that runs long ways across the screen and looks just a tad bit 'darker' than the rest of the screen. Curious if anyone has come up with a way to mitigate these or if it even warrants any effort as it may not impact image quality whatsoever? Thoughts?

Rich has offered to send me new material but I'm not sure it is warranted. I couldn't see the streaks at all through the first couple movies (but I hadn't noticed them and therefore wasn't looking). From here on out I will evaluate more closely to see if they are visible during showtime.
post #550 of 562 Old 11-28-2016, 06:31 AM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddigler View Post
I just recieved, assembled, hung my new 140" diag (2.35) Horizon screen. I'm going to reserve my review thoughts until I get more screen time but for now I will say I absolutely love it paired with my Sony HW40es I have zero 'puckers', install was easy and the screen just has an incredible picture. No weave but I def need more time with it b4 I 'review' it.

Regarding the above post, @archiguy or any other Horizon owners: do you see these 'streaks' on your screen? I have them exactly as described by Archi above. They are not wrinkles but rather a 'streak' that runs long ways across the screen and looks just a tad bit 'darker' than the rest of the screen. Curious if anyone has come up with a way to mitigate these or if it even warrants any effort as it may not impact image quality whatsoever? Thoughts?

Rich has offered to send me new material but I'm not sure it is warranted. I couldn't see the streaks at all through the first couple movies (but I hadn't noticed them and therefore wasn't looking). From here on out I will evaluate more closely to see if they are visible during showtime.
Please keep me posted as there is always a chance that there was maybe a flaw when the fabric was manufactured, we do our best in inspecting the fabric on the cutting table , if you can send me pic via email i would like to see what is happening, again if need be we will are happy to replace the fabric if need be,
want to ensure you love you screen and get tons of enjoyment out it.

Thanks
Rich
post #551 of 562 Old 11-28-2016, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Please keep me posted as there is always a chance that there was maybe a flaw when the fabric was manufactured, we do our best in inspecting the fabric on the cutting table , if you can send me pic via email i would like to see what is happening, again if need be we will are happy to replace the fabric if need be,
want to ensure you love you screen and get tons of enjoyment out it.

Thanks
Rich
I can already tell you I absolutely love this screen, Blown away by the pic quality and the splines allowed for an incredibly consistent, tight fit. Ok will fire you an email with pics...
sigma722, snickers1 and eng-399 like this.
post #552 of 562 Old 12-07-2016, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Quoted: 1532 Post(s)
Liked: 2474
Has anyone used any type of black lights behind the Falcon Horizon screen to display there LCR and subs using this screen material. I'm looking for recommendations of what type of lighting to use brands links anything. @snickers1 have you heard anyone using lights behind any Horizon screens.
Thanks
post #553 of 562 Old 12-07-2016, 02:09 PM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
Has anyone used any type of black lights behind the Falcon Horizon screen to display there LCR and subs using this screen material. I'm looking for recommendations of what type of lighting to use brands links anything. @snickers1 have you heard anyone using lights behind any Horizon screens.
Thanks
I actually did it with mine i used track lighting and i think i found on Ebay blue bulbs.
Here is pic of how it looked with Falcon HD, Horizon is a very different fabric there isn't really any holes in the fabric
so when i made the change over to that i was unable to see the LCR. i guess if you could go with a brighter bulb it may work.

eng-399 likes this.
post #554 of 562 Old 12-07-2016, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Rich maybe I'll try some brighter bulbs and see how it turns out. I'm pretty much trying to light up the screen to show off my LCR and subs during party's when movies aren't playing.

If anyone else has done it please post what you guys have used.
snickers1 likes this.
post #555 of 562 Old 12-07-2016, 06:33 PM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Thanks Rich maybe I'll try some brighter bulbs and see how it turns out. I'm pretty much trying to light up the screen to show off my LCR and subs during party's when movies aren't playing.

I still have the lights behind mine i can see the light through the screen for sure but it does not have have the same effect as the HD Fabric i would love to know if brighter lights would do the trick i actually miss the effect it, i remember it being a great conversational piece. People would come down and look at the screen and just go WOW
eng-399 likes this.
post #556 of 562 Old 12-08-2016, 04:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Are the masking panels you sell have AT material on them?

I assume they would, but wanted to ask to make sure before ordering....

EDIT: Answered my own question by looking at the website...

Thanks.
snickers1 likes this.
post #557 of 562 Old 12-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Point Source

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3876 Post(s)
Liked: 3176
Quote:

The horizon will not allow for it. I have two behind my screen and even with full-on white light, it doesn't get you there. You can look at the pics in my sig. for reference.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
FS: BossoBass A-14K amplifier
post #558 of 562 Old 12-08-2016, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
The horizon will not allow for it. I have two behind my screen and even with full-on white light, it doesn't get you there. You can look at the pics in my sig. for reference.

Thanks and if I do find a brighter light that will work I'll post what it is. The positive side to all of this is the weave is that tight.
post #559 of 562 Old 12-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Point Source

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3876 Post(s)
Liked: 3176
Quote:
Thanks and if I do find a brighter light that will work I'll post what it is. The positive side to all of this is the weave is that tight.
For reference, the current lights behind the screen are the 60 watt equivalent phillips Hue color LED bulbs. Even with the standard 60 watt halogen, no dice there either.
eng-399 likes this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
FS: BossoBass A-14K amplifier
post #560 of 562 Old Yesterday, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I still have the lights behind mine i can see the light through the screen for sure but it does not have have the same effect as the HD Fabric i would love to know if brighter lights would do the trick i actually miss the effect it, i remember it being a great conversational piece. People would come down and look at the screen and just go WOW
Are you guys still in business ?
Tried your fill out form on website few weeks ago never got any reply.
Tried your email address listed on website few days ago, never got any reply.
Trying to get samples of your transparent screens.
post #561 of 562 Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumik View Post
Are you guys still in business ?
Tried your fill out form on website few weeks ago never got any reply.
Tried your email address listed on website few days ago, never got any reply.
Trying to get samples of your transparent screens.
I exchanged emails with them about a month ago on a handful of questions. Quick and informative reply. Went back to our email thread a couple weeks ago to get samples, but never got a response back.

Went with Seymour AV instead.

FS: 3 Speakercraft AIM2 LCR5 Five - PM Me

Marantz SR7010 - Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 - DALITE 90" - Sony VPL-VW60 - 7.2.4 - L/C/R SpeakerCraft AIM2LCR55 - Surrounds SpeakerCraft AIM LCR5Three - Ceiling SpeakerCraft AIM 8 - Klipsch R110sw - Supercube 6000
post #562 of 562 Unread Today, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well if anyone has a spare Falcon Vision Horizon 24x24 sample they want to sell me I would be glad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens