AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Screens (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/)
-   -   Seymour non-AT screen with masking panels (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/1481954-seymour-non-screen-masking-panels.html)

Plasticfish 07-16-2013 02:22 PM

I'm interested in hearing from anybody who has purchased the Seymour screen with the manual masking panels. Do the masking panels work well? (Is there any kind of shadow effect? Is it easy to put up and take down?) Also, I am interesting in hearing from anybody with their glacier white non-at screen - are you happy with it?

AV Science Sales 5 07-17-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticfish View Post

I'm interested in hearing from anybody who has purchased the Seymour screen with the manual masking panels. Do the masking panels work well? (Is there any kind of shadow effect? Is it easy to put up and take down?) Also, I am interesting in hearing from anybody with their glacier white non-at screen - are you happy with it?

Do not own the screen, but can answer your questions. The panels work well. They stay in place due to fairly tight fit and magnets. They are easily installed and removed. Literally only takes a few seconds to install or remove. No shadow effect. The glacier white fabric is a good fabric. Has a nice reasonably smooth surface and uses Seymour's bungee attachment system, so no chance of wrinkles. If you would like to talk more about this screen, give me a call.

Plasticfish 07-17-2013 01:15 PM

Thanks Mike. I just sold my Carada brilliant white screen and am looking at getting a Seymour scope. How does the glacier white compare to the Carada? Do you think I will notice a difference in picture quality?

AV Science Sales 5 07-18-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticfish View Post

Thanks Mike. I just sold my Carada brilliant white screen and am looking at getting a Seymour scope. How does the glacier white compare to the Carada? Do you think I will notice a difference in picture quality?

I sent you a PM. smile.gif

Steve*MH 07-19-2013 03:26 PM

Mike,

I would also like to know your thoughts on the Seymour Glacier White screen compared to the Carada; as far as quality and gain. Also, can you elaborate on the Seymour bungee attachment system? How does this work and will it only work with certain frames? If you order the DIY glacier white screen material, does it come with the bungee attachment system or is that a special order request - I thought it was just raw material. Hoping it comes with the bungee attachment system if you order the DIY material.
Thanks.

DavidHir 02-14-2014 12:55 PM

I am strongly considering this screen as I love the manual masking panel concept.

Is the Glacier white a neutral white and will this allow for optimal projector calibration?