Options for a projector screen in front of a window? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at buying a house with a bonus room upstairs. This room is around 23' x 15'. On one end of the ideal place for the screen has 3 windows back behind it. The other end has a mini bar that could potentially place the screen off center. The thermostat and air vent is also on this back wall.

What kind of options do I have for a 120-135" screen over the windows? I was initally looking at a fixed screen because the other houses I was looking at didn't have windows in the area I was wanting to place the screen. Also what kind of idea's do you guys have for blackout curtains? This is going to be a dedicated home theater room that I would like to Get as dark as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor310 View Post

I'm looking at buying a house with a bonus room upstairs. This room is around 23' x 15'. On one end of the ideal place for the screen has 3 windows back behind it. The other end has a mini bar that could potentially place the screen off center. The thermostat and air vent is also on this back wall.

What kind of options do I have for a 120-135" screen over the windows? I was initally looking at a fixed screen because the other houses I was looking at didn't have windows in the area I was wanting to place the screen. Also what kind of idea's do you guys have for blackout curtains? This is going to be a dedicated home theater room that I would like to Get as dark as possible.

A couple options:

If going with a fixed frame, then I would build a plug for each window, to seal off the light completely, then hang screen over the windows.
If windows need to be usable, then blackout curtains and a drop down screen. make sure the screen fabric has a black backing.

What projector are you looking at? If you would like to discuss, give us a call.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-19-2013, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The most important things to me are 2D movies, television and sports. I would also like to play video games with an acceptable response time.

I plan on spending between 2k -2.5k. I was looking at the Mitsubishi hc5. I really like all the great things I hear about JVC, but the response time on them has me worried. In all honesty I'm not THAT hardcore of a gamer, but I would like the flexibility.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page