CineWhite or CineGrey??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-23-2013, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to front projectors and screens. Basement space was laid out with future projector and large screen setup in mind as there is power and a conduit in the ceiling 15' from the screen wall. The space currently has a 65" DLP rear projection unit built in and there is good light control but is not a dedicated theater. The wall that the 65" is built into will easily support a 120" screen that would drop down in front of the 65" unit on movie nights. I find myself strongly leaning towards the 5020ub as its 3D abilities seen very appealing and it is priced towards the upper end of my budget for the projector portion of my budget. I would like to finish off the deal with a 120" 16:9 Elite Screens CineTension2. I have found a used CineTension2 Series 120" Diag. with CineGrey Fabric at a considerable savings over a new unit with CineWhite. Will the 5020ub's contrast ratio cause issues with the gray screen? Additionally, I mentioned that the drop screen and projector would primary be for movies with good light control at night, but I am sure the system would also be used for some day/afternoon activities like Super Bowl and gaming with more ambient light.

Just climbing the curve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
sorry moved to Elite Screen thread

Just climbing the curve.
Reply Screens