Multiple screens - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2013, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In researching screens and considering aspect ratios, I have come to the conclusion that perhaps having multiple screens is the best solution for my situation. Here is my logic.

I have a 13 foot wide room that is 19 feet long. I have art on the back wall, I want motorized projectors. I want to have a max width 2.35 screen. It seems like it would be better to have another max width 16:9 screen as well. This would be a different height than the 2.35, so they would both be immersive. I have been looking at the Panasonic PT-AE8000, so with the lens memory, it would not take long to refocus. That being said I would have to retract and lower the other screen. I think this is ok as I don't want TV and only really watch one movie at a go.

Any flaws in my logic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-25-2013, 02:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Ellermeyer View Post

In researching screens and considering aspect ratios, I have come to the conclusion that perhaps having multiple screens is the best solution for my situation. Here is my logic.

I have a 13 foot wide room that is 19 feet long. I have art on the back wall, I want motorized projectors. I want to have a max width 2.35 screen. It seems like it would be better to have another max width 16:9 screen as well. This would be a different height than the 2.35, so they would both be immersive. I have been looking at the Panasonic PT-AE8000, so with the lens memory, it would not take long to refocus. That being said I would have to retract and lower the other screen. I think this is ok as I don't want TV and only really watch one movie at a go.

Any flaws in my logic?

Need to know what you consider max width. You will have to make sure that the projector will be able to light up the screen. If wanting to go real large, you might consider the HP screen, but only if you can mount the projector slightly above seated head height.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-07-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:

Any flaws in my logic?

Considering that I have used a 2.35:1 and a 16:9 screen - both motorized electric screens - for many years, I see no flaw in your logic. Check out the photos in my theater gallery. By the way, I don't find I need to re-focus. I do however have to re-zoom, since my screens are different widths.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page