having a screen that's larger than the picture? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For my home theater I am wanting to obviously go as big as possible. However I would like to host watch parties for sporting events at my place. The room is 22 1/2 X 13 X 8. I'm thinking for 90% of the time a 133"ish screen would be perfect. I could easily fit in two rows of seating, but for the watch parties I would like to be able to throw some bar stools at the back of the room to add another 4-5 people. I would have to scoot the 1st and 2nd rows in closer to the screen so possibly shrink it down anywhere from 100-110". Is there any disadvantage to doing this?

I have only ever had a 63" plasma in my current living room. I have no experience with projectors so I am completely clueless as to how big is too big/how big i should go.

This is for a house i'm buying that closes on august 30th so I'm just playing with ideas right now. I would like to get it set up as quickly as possible after moving though, but perhaps I should just get the projector and throw some bed sheets up to play with different sizes. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-31-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 355
A lot depends on what gain screen that you get. The RS45 that you just purchased has enough lumens to light up a 133" 1.3 gain screen and still provide good lamp life. Shrunk down to 110" and you would be able to have 30 plus Foot Lamberts in high lamp. That is very bright and will handle a fair amount of ambient light.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page