Stray sunlight on screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-15-2013, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all-

I am having problems with sunlight traveling down my projector screen area (permanent screen is not installed yet). Unfortunately, the screen area is right next to 3 windows (see links), as I do not have another place to throw the image in this condo.

I have tinted all 3 windows with 5% and have blinds over the windows (execpt for half moon as it is costly). As the stack of windows sits vertical with a half moon window on top, i am trying my best not to install black out curtains. The tinting helped most of the issues, and i can now watch the projector during the day. However, during a couple hours in the afternoon, a stray light makes it way down the middle of the screen and pisses me off to no end.

I had heard black felt may work, so i placed the felt at the spot where it first shows up on the wall, but it did not stop the light from traveling down the wall. The only thing that has worked so far has been placing a ledge above the screen that sticks out far enough to stop sunlight from hitting the 110" screen. I believe the ledge went out 3-4 ft before the sunlight disappeared, but the solution looked awful. Since my windows are a bit older, i believe the light may be hitting the silicone on the outer edge of the half moon window.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the light from traveling down the wall?

http://imgur.com/dsemTmb&RpGMXa0#0

http://imgur.com/dsemTmb&RpGMXa0#1

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is that coming through a slit in the lower blinds?

Couldn't you just put an electrical remote blind up there that goes across the whole moon shaped window?

TK Doom

Unreal Tournament Forever
Project Gotham Racing too!

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page