Projector and Screen?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking at putting a fixed or motorized screen in the basement with a projector. The room is pretty tight so my viewing distance is right at 10'. What screen size, brand, etc and projector do you guys suggest? The room has controlled lighting but also has some daylight that comes in. I was thinking of a gain around 1.0 would work.

Also, need input if it is even worth it. Right now I have a 82" Misubishi rear projector. The tv is only about 14 months old. My problem is that by the time it sits way from the wall your watching it at like 8'. I love the picture quality but want something at a farther distance away. I hope that a projector and screen can give a picture that is similar in quality. My budget for screen and projector will prob be around $1750. Maybe more. Depends on much I can get for the tv and stand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-17-2013, 06:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Really depends what's I screen you can fit with your speakers etc. we just did a 10 foot room and I think we put up hundred inch screen it with no problem. Also depends on the projector, we used to Epson which had almost no time pattern so all in all the in product turned out well. Although for 1750 that is a tight squeeze for nice projector and screen.

Jason
Note: Any posts are of my personal opinions and not to reflect upon any business.

Jason@programmergeek.com

908 578-6466

post #3 of 3 Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mit82 View Post

I am looking at putting a fixed or motorized screen in the basement with a projector.

The cost for a motorized screen (especially if tab-tensioned) is much more than a fixed frame screen. I think motorized tab-tensioned screens are best utilized in a living or family room where you don't want it seen when not in use. Do you have a specific reason for going with a motorized screen in a basement home theater other than the WOW factor?

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page