Electric Screen for W1070 (106"-120") - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-25-2013, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am setting up my w1070 in my room media room. The projector setup 11'6" from the screen. This will get me a 106"- 120" screen.

The room walls will be painted in asphalt gray. The carpet is beige color and the ceiling is beige as well. The screen will be in front of 2 windows that have blinds and blackout curtains.

Here is a pic of my room where the screen will be mounted. The seating area will be 12' from the screen.

I have looked at some Elite Screens, Monoprice, Visual Apex, and Da-Lite for screens. Any suggestions on which brand to look at?

I have seen this screen and appears to be the exact size I am looking for:
Elite Screen VMAX2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-29-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

I am setting up my w1070 in my room media room. The projector setup 11'6" from the screen. This will get me a 106"- 120" screen.

The room walls will be painted in asphalt gray. The carpet is beige color and the ceiling is beige as well. The screen will be in front of 2 windows that have blinds and blackout curtains.

Here is a pic of my room where the screen will be mounted. The seating area will be 12' from the screen.

I have looked at some Elite Screens, Monoprice, Visual Apex, and Da-Lite for screens. Any suggestions on which brand to look at?

I have seen this screen and appears to be the exact size I am looking for:
Elite Screen VMAX2

Will you be able to fully block the light coming thru the windows? Some screen materials have a light blocking black layer on their back side and if there any light coming from behind (i.e., your windows), that is what you will need. Most screen manufacturers will send you samples of their screen fabrics.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #3 of 3 Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yes when the blinds are fully closed and covered by the curtains most of the light is blocked out. The only light that seeps through is through the top but I am going to get fix that by putting a board or fabric to block that light Most of the viewing will be in the evening or late afternoon so not too concerned about light coming in as that window faces the east.

My only concern would be the light colored ceiling as we will not be painting that only the surrounding walls.
Reply Screens