Temporary Screen Material - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2013, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Waiting on decision about screen size until after having pj up and running. New to this, so I was wondering if muslin is an ok material to use, less expensive than a sheet for 110 in diag size- in case you're wondering, the wall is painted black.
My wife says it is not white, but off-white-I guess not really an issue since I am mainly trying to ascertain the best size for screen.
I know that I have the length (17 f) for a 110 diag screen, but my ceiling is only 8 ft and I have an in-wall center channel-top of speaker is 28" from floor, thus leaving only 67-68" for the screen. That means the top of the screen will be only about 6" from the ceiling (actually a tad lower since frame is of the screen I am looking at is 3").
My concern is that at about 13-14 ft. from screen, we will have to angle back too much to see upper portion of the screen.
What is your take on that, and also using muslin?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 130
it will be perfect.
Look at the before and after pics in my signature. The screen is masked at 80" in the before and I then the full 110" in the after. Ceiling is 8' and bottom of screen is about 31" off the floor. We sit 14' back, just in front of where the photos were taken.