Do I have to mount the screen to the wall? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-23-2013, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So I'm about to take a leap into the projector/screen world. I have the perfect room for it with virtually no ambient light. However, the ideal wall to place it on is not flat. There is a 2ft wide trust that sticks out 14" from the rest of the wall.

I really want a fixed frame, can I just set it on my current tv stand? Are they typically deep enough to stand up on their own?

Denon X4000
Emotiva LPA-1
Epson 5020ub::::100" ES Cinewhite
PS4::::Toshiba HD-A35::::Marantz UD5007::::Darbee 5000
Martin Logan Stage center::::Martin Logan Aerius I::::Martin Logan Scripts
PSA XV15:::::PSA XV15se
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadec22 View Post

So I'm about to take a leap into the projector/screen world. I have the perfect room for it with virtually no ambient light. However, the ideal wall to place it on is not flat. There is a 2ft wide trust that sticks out 14" from the rest of the wall.

I really want a fixed frame, can I just set it on my current tv stand? Are they typically deep enough to stand up on their own?

I can't speak for all screens but from what I have used they need something to hold them up. I'm sure you could create your own stand somewhat like what painters do with a canvas. I don't think you would be happy leaning it of your tv stand as it will have to be on an angle then. You need something to keep it straight and so it doesn't move.

I have never tried not mounting a fixed screen though, if you do come up with any ideas be sure to share them as i'm sure there are others in a similar situation to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I purchased an elite screens, sable, 100" 16:9 fixed frame. the frame is actually thick enough it stands on my short tv stand. it rests on there just fine, I secured it to the small section of the wall behind it with 3M command Velcro straps and it is plenty secure and looks great.

Denon X4000
Emotiva LPA-1
Epson 5020ub::::100" ES Cinewhite
PS4::::Toshiba HD-A35::::Marantz UD5007::::Darbee 5000
Martin Logan Stage center::::Martin Logan Aerius I::::Martin Logan Scripts
PSA XV15:::::PSA XV15se
post #4 of 4 Old 09-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadec22 View Post

I purchased an elite screens, sable, 100" 16:9 fixed frame. the frame is actually thick enough it stands on my short tv stand. it rests on there just fine, I secured it to the small section of the wall behind it with 3M command Velcro straps and it is plenty secure and looks great.

Could we get some pics? I'm just interested to see it. smile.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page