2 screens for 16:9 and 2:35:1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-03-2013, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so I got the CinemaScope bug but not a high budget to go with it. I currently have a draper premier 110" 16:9 screen and an epson 3850 projector. The draper screen is a motorized screen hanging from ceiling and I was thinking instead of replacing it with an expensive multiveiw type screen I would just hang a motorized 2:35:1 screen of same height in front of the draper screen and replacing the epson 3850 with a panny pt8000.
So my question is can the panny auto memory adjust for the two screens since it would have to make height adjustments as well as width adjustments and maybe even some shift adjustments to compensate for the placement of both screens? Also how would you handle controlling two separate motorized screens?

Any other thoughts on this setup would be appreciated. Pros and cons.

Gary Pranzo
My Home Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16

I'm thinking about something similar but use two projectors - will be interested in feedback on this thread and anyone using two projectors for different aspect ratio viewing

post #3 of 3 Old 10-04-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I've used two screens for years ( see my theater photos in my signature for more photos ). I just use manual wall switches. I never need to refocus, since the screen materials are only about 5" apart.

16:9 and 2.35:1 screens - no aspect ratio compromise either way !

Quote:
I'm thinking about something similar but use two projectors - will be interested in feedback on this thread and anyone using two projectors for different aspect ratio viewing

At one time, I had two projectors - a NEC HT1000 ( 4:3 native ) and an Optoma H79 ( 16:9 native ) on two screens !!

Another view of the seating and built in projector soffit. Note Axoim QS4 speakers. This was my previous home theater with an NEC HT1000 and a H79 running on 2 electric screens!! this was my former theater - My NEC HT1000 and Optoma H76 mounted prior to building the soffit. The short throw and big offset of the HT1000 makes it easy to have a 4:3 and a widescreen projector!

They were both mounted in a ventilated soffit I built ! smile.gif
RacerX135 likes this.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page