DIY frame using Semour Center Stage XD - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 36 Old 06-12-2014, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
i agree with you.Before anyone asks this is before I did some fine toning of the projector leveling and what not I have to say the image is bright and after running Audyssey on my Denon AVR X4000 you do not even know the screen is there or the speakers are behind it.thank you [IMG]http://*******/8e9eFH[/IMG]
ellisr63 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 06-13-2014, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepesoutsss View Post
i agree with you.Before anyone asks this is before I did some fine toning of the projector leveling and what not I have to say the image is bright and after running Audyssey on my Denon AVR X4000 you do not even know the screen is there or the speakers are behind it.thank you [IMG]http://*******/8e9eFH[/IMG]
Did you have a picture because I can not see? just the little X in a box like there is suposed to be a picture there. It would be cool if anyone who made a DIy Seymour frame posted pictures here and a link to their build thread. I have the X4000 as well. Do you have issues with the red blinking light (protection)?

Last edited by cw5billwade; 06-13-2014 at 07:43 AM.
post #33 of 36 Old 06-13-2014, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
Did you have a picture because I can not see? just the little X in a box like there is suposed to be a picture there. It would be cool if anyone who made a DIy Seymour frame posted pictures here and a link to their build thread.
I did not do any breakdown of the build of the frame itself, but here's my build thread. I followed the DIY instructions on the www.seymourav.com website, did not add the chamfer to the inside edge. Building the frame and mounting the screen material only took about 2 hours total. It went very quickly and easily, and I am new enough at this that I had to purchase saws to build it!

Ames, IA media room remodel - Cinema 1858

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #34 of 36 Old 10-08-2014, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
A lot of folks were asking what I was going to do around the screen so here is the frame wall build.

Are these just "Friction Fitted" around the screen?

And, I assume Friction Fitted, basically means measured relatively precisely so that you have to 'squeeze' them into place/ force them into place? How does that work for the 'bottom' of screen... I assume you aren't pushing 'up' on the screen (or screen would come undone from zclips)... is this piece friction fitted to the two side/vertical panels?

Also... do you think the Syfabric was needed 'under' the screen edge to avoid reflection vs the black painting you did?
post #35 of 36 Old 10-08-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhvball View Post

And, I assume Friction Fitted, basically means measured relatively precisely so that you have to 'squeeze' them into place/ force them into place? How does that work for the 'bottom' of screen... I assume you aren't pushing 'up' on the screen (or screen would come undone from zclips)... is this piece friction fitted to the two side/vertical panels?

Also... do you think the Syfabric was needed 'under' the screen edge to avoid reflection vs the black painting you did?
The panel above the screen has speaker grill ball/socket connectors to keep it from coming loose. The ones on the sides and below the screen are friction fit - the squish of the carpet makes them grip nicely. I didn't use z-clips to mount my screen, it is attached at the top with piano hinges, and has little struts on the bottom on both sides so I can prop it open like a car hood when I need to get behind the screen for maintenance. None of the panels have ever come loose.

The velvet is definitely needed, any reflection would bug me, plus sometimes I am lazy and like to overshoot a 16:9 image beyond the upper/lower screen boundaries (screen is 2:1 aspect ratio) - for example Game of Thrones.
post #36 of 36 Old 10-09-2014, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhvball View Post

Yes they are friction fit top and bottom but I did put a 2" 18 gage brad nail in the corners. On the sides I wraped a 2x4 and used 2" brad nails in the corners. I think the black paint on the screen frame would work many screens are made that way with no problem. But folks recomended using the velvet and I had enough of it so I wraped it.
Reply Screens