Elite Screens 120" Manual pull down unwatchable - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-24-2013, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Good morning,

I've recently purchased and set up a 120" Elite Screens manual pull down paired with a Benq1080ST.My problem is the ridiculous number of waves in the screen that make it unwatchable.

I've had the screen set up for two weeks now and the waves have consistently gotten worse.The left side started out perfectly with a single large and annoying wave on the right hand side.It has now advanced to the point where the entire screen is covered in wrinkles and waves.I get motion sickness watching this thing and still images are so distorted and contorted I find it incredibly annoying.

I believe they all started because it appears to me, that at the bottom of the screen is a 'bulge' where I would suggest the screen was never attached properly to the bottom bar (which weighs next to nothing).

I would love to send it back to Elite to try for a new screen but I've tossed the box and If Elite is going to make me pay to ship it back it's probably cheaper for me to buy a new screen.

I realize some waves are expected in pull downs, but this is more like ripples on a windy lake.

If Elite isn't going to be able to send me a new one and pay for shipping both ways what are my options here?

Thanks,

Sean

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-27-2013, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think you've answered your own question here, short of rigging up your own tensioning system which would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Contact Elite ang go from there.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page