Silver Ticket Screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amazon has a Silver Ticket HDTV 16:9 120" Fixed Frame Projector Screen available at a very good price with excellent reviews but I can't find any reference to this screen anywhere in this forum. Is anyone here actually using one of these screens? I am building my multi-use basement and will be using a ceiling mounted BenQ W1070 projector. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-18-2014, 10:11 PM

I am interested in this too!
post #3 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 05:11 PM

We bought this screen on Amazon based on the reviews and the needs of the size and format. It certainly delivers.

The build quality is excellent. There were no instructions! so warning...it ended up being no big deal.
There is a 4 step list on the Amazon description in the ad for it, listed in the several images attached to the ad. Also there is a high speed build video on you tube that you can follow for it, if you do a search for this screen. In the video there is a cross bar that the 120 inch model doesn't have, and in the video it seems to come in more sections. Maybe the manufacturer made it with solid top and bottom so there was no more need for a center brace.

When you put the clips in that hold the screen, there are little arrows there for guidance as to where to place them. Use them, BUT don't be afraid to move them slightly here and there, once you are stretching the screen around and anchoring it. They may need to move to match the anchor holes so there is no binding of the material. Don't worry. The surface is flawless in the end.

Anyway, it took 1hr and 10 mins to build, but if I had to do it again, it would take about 30 mins now that I know how.

Hanging on the wall was a snap. It has sliding hooks so you can move the whole screen left and right after hanging on wall studs with screws and a level.

The black borders are really nice, with black velvet to catch any spill-over and it looks very good on the wall.

The picture quality is stunning in our opinion. We are using the BenQ 1070 projector, (also I highly recommend it too), a completely blacked out theater room, and the combination is awesome.

I recommend Gamma be set to 2.8 on the 1070 to really get the blacks dialed in.  We immediately invited over some friends who are in the market for a screen, played a snowboarding Blu Ray from Alaska ("The Art of Flight") , and they immediately went home and ordered it. Highly recommend!
It looks really really good. No problem with colors either.  Very vivid and rich picture in our opinion.

Hope that helps.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 05:34 PM

Liked: 49
Apparently they are currently out of stock of the 120" which is what I need. Any idea how to reach out to them and know if there will be any additional offerings on Amazon? Based on what I've seen I'm interested in this screen as well.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

MDD770 - Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and bought one back in December. I just finished painting so I plan on putting it together this weekend. I will make sure I look at all the info you referenced.

Waterbird - Keep watching the site. I had the same thing happen then they came back available a few days later.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I was looking at these screens as well the Silver Ticket 106" Curved Frame 2.35:1 Projection Screen in particular, not much information on them but from the images on Amazon the curve looks fairly subtle. My projector can do 2.35:1 but does not have a polymorph lens not sure if it will work but is near $300 less than the non-curved 107 inch 2.35:1 Carada screen I was about to pull the trigger on, so tempted to try it.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 03:25 PM

Well for some reason I checked on the 120" this morning and it said 2 available so I pulled the trigger. At $270 (+free shipping with Prime!) I couldn't beat it. Worst case I send it back and be out some time. In my old house I had an 84" Carada that I absolutely loved. Was originally going down that track and decided to try a more inexpensive approach. Was thinking Jamestown and Elite but really wanted this one - luckily it became available. Can't wait!
post #8 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Just ordered a 92" based on the reviews on Amazon. Got my fingers crossed that I'll really like it when I get everything set up (hopefully before the super bowl).

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #9 of 12 Old 01-24-2014, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I bought one of these about a month ago and could not be happier. The tension system works great and no waves or creases. Be careful putting the center bar in that was the hardest part and I almost messed up the whole screen doing so. (Leave space between the tabs to be able to maneuver the center rod.

I also emailed these guys and they were very quick to answer any question.
post #10 of 12 Old 01-24-2014, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Silver Ticket Fixed Frame Assembly Video by silverticketproducts
post #11 of 12 Old 01-25-2014, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just put together the 120" version. Didn't have a center piece to go across middle like that show in the video. Small mark on screen, so I will have to send back to get another one. Quality is good though and velvet wrapped frame is nice.
post #12 of 12 Old 03-27-2014, 06:32 PM

Finally got my 120" screen up. Very easy to assemble, didn't take very long. No wrinkles, screen tensioned out well. The picture is great! I HIGHLY recommend this screen. Good workmanship. Solid build. Again, great picture! Can't believe I was going to spend north of $1,000 when I got this for a fraction. Money well spent.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page