Need help with screen decision Epson 6030UB - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
TL5
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I've settled on the Epson 6030UB, need some opions with screen choice. I'm looking at a 100" diagonal, with a 12 foot throw (ceiling mount). Room is not light controlled due to light ceiling and windows (with curtains & shades). Flexible as far as budget.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm in the same boat, and have been looking for a bit. If you're going to watch with ambient light (as opposed to just movies in the dark) you'll keep coming back to Stewart Firehawk and Screen Innovations Black Diamond. I've owned Firehawk and it was fantastic for my family room setup. These are both gray screens with some gain. The general downsides are said to be potential hot spotting, sparkles in bright scenes, visible texture, color shift, narrow viewing cone, and price. I didn't care about any of these things when I saw how it performed next to a regular with screen with any amount of ambient light. I recommend you get the projector installed and play with different samples before you decide on anything. AVScience has been very helpful getting me samples of Stewart materials. Go to the screen innovations website to see some amazing demos. They have a nice website. Then there's a billion threads to read here on AVSForums, of course. Good Luck. I'd love to know what you end up with.

MM

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6030ub 3d 3lcd Projector With A Pair Of 3d Glasses