Screen rec for overall width < 84" - AVS Forum
Screens > Screen rec for overall width < 84"
indyfranks's Avatar indyfranks 09:09 AM 12-21-2013
Looking for a projector screen recommendation. I'm on my 2nd projector now (Benq W1070) in our basement. My first screen was DIY using material from ebay and it was fine at first, but the waves have started to get really bad and I am looking to buy a fixed frame screen as a replacement. My screen is mounted on an angled wall in the corner of our basement (ambient light is not an issue) and the maximum overall width I can do is 84" wide with frame/bezel included. I have done some research and it looks like a 92" diagonal screen is what I will need, but a lot of screens I see have wide bezels that end up being more that 84" wide overall.

I found the Screen Innovations Zero Edge, which looks awesome, but it is more than I'd like to spend. I'd definitely like to stay < $1,000 if possible. I also found the Da-Lite UTB Contour for approximately $1,000, but can't find any reviews on it yet. Anyone out there have any experience with this one?

Any other screens folks would recommend that fit within my limitations?

I might consider another DIY effort, but I really can't stand waves in the material and I don't know if I trust myself to go that route again.

Up
Mobile  Desktop