screen innovations sensation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-22-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi does anyone have any experience with these screens? Would like to know if they are any better than the comparable elite screens at this price point.cant afford alot.thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-22-2013, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here's some Amazon reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Screen-Innovations-100-Inch-Theater-Sensation/product-reviews/B000KI522I/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

I saw some of the Black Diamond series in a showroom. They were amazing with ambient light. I said my room will be light controlled and I don't need to pay the premium for the light rejecting qualities of the Black Diamond so I too am considering this screen (the Sensation) @ 110" paired with an Epson 6030UB projector.

Can't say I've had personal experience but thought I'd say something like - more than one person is watching this thread!

Electrical engineer by education. Currently a system engineer. I like home automation, theaters, and blinking lights.
Someday it'll be more of an actual hobby - if my employer would ever let me go home!
"The Escape Pod" - My First Theater Build
post #3 of 8 Old 07-09-2014, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbye05 View Post
Hi does anyone have any experience with these screens? Would like to know if they are any better than the comparable elite screens at this price point.cant afford alot.thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielrg View Post
Can't say I've had personal experience but thought I'd say something like - more than one person is watching this thread!
I'm looking at this screen, did either of you end up purchasing one? Can you provide your impressions if you did?
post #4 of 8 Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbye05 View Post
Looks like a standard 1.1 gain white screen. Pricier than the Elites. The frame assembly appears to be a step up from the Elite Sable and EZ Frames.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty View Post
I'm looking at this screen, did either of you end up purchasing one? Can you provide your impressions if you did?
I still don't have my room ready. I always think I'll finish up soon - but haven't yet... someday!

Electrical engineer by education. Currently a system engineer. I like home automation, theaters, and blinking lights.
Someday it'll be more of an actual hobby - if my employer would ever let me go home!
"The Escape Pod" - My First Theater Build
post #6 of 8 Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 AM

I have samples coming from Elite and SI. Not sure how much i'll be able to tell from a small sample, but worth a try before spending the money.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-14-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
you are right,The frame assembly appears to be a step up from the Elite Sable and EZ Frames.[IMG]http://*******/W6W0dY[/IMG]thank you
post #8 of 8 Old 07-18-2014, 05:45 PM

My samples came, I personally like the elite screen material better. Color reproduction seems much better. The SI did have slightly deeper blacks though.
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page