Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-18-2014, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Hello All,

I just hung my Elite Sable today. I must say the whole process was fairly pleasant opposed to what alot of reviews mentioned with the install of the screen.
The only thing that is irritating me at this point is the middle brace. Maybe mine is a tad short, but it seems it does need to be angled in and then lightly tapped to get into place which seems fine to me. But when I go to hang it on the wall, it keeps falling off when put into place.

Well after about 4 times of having that thing land on our toes, i decided to hang without having the middle brace.
Now my question is, will I have to worry about any issues with the frame over time of not having that brace in there? Or any suggestions for getting this thing to stay in place, but still be able to be removed when i move.

Also on the mounts. I only used the top mounts and slid it in. Are the bottom mounts really needed if it is tight enough to keep in place well? The other reason I ask is because I noticed through the install process that the one side of the wall is fairly off plane. So if I mount the bottom mounts, it may add more rigidity, but may pull the screen back too far off plane with the wall and distort the image?

Any insight?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-19-2014, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 110
18 views and non from anyone with an elite screen?

post #3 of 6 Old 07-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just got off a chat with Elite..they told me the center bar isn't needed under 135". Mine fell off the wall twice over a year or so..I think my center bar popped out forcing the screen off the brackets.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 98
My center support is on nice and tight. No issues with it coming loose. (I moved the screen 4 times so far without incident) I'm using the EZ frame, which is a little stiffer than the Sable frame. (It's squared off as opposed to the Sable being rounded off)
post #5 of 6 Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Mine is very snug on a 100" Sable frame and causes the floor of the screen to bow down slightly. I think there's a bit of variation with these parts, and while yours is too small, mine is too big.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 98
My last post was brief because i had to leave. To continue: Of all the screen frames I've handled over the years (Carada, Stewart, DNP, Seymour, Da-Lite, Elite, and Vapex) I consider the Elite Sable frame to be the weakest, and the Ez Frame the second weakest. (My previous Vapex frame was 4 inches thick and much stronger) That doesn't mean they're weak per Se. They're just not as strong as the competition frames, but they do get the job done.
Reply Screens