Advice on a new projection screen and projector (mounted on the ceiling) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-14-2014, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a room that is 14'-4" x 17'-2"  Ceiling is 10 ft.   I am thinking I could have a 100" wide screen mounted on the far wall.  I am mainly going to use it for sporting event watching and movies.  unfortunately there are windows however I plan on using room darkening curtains.  I am interested in what type of projector to get and what type of screen including model that people would recommend.  I don't have an unlimited budget but I don't want to get poor performance either.  Basically looking for a bang for the buck.  I look forward to your advice.

Thanks

Alex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-12-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The Best bang for your buck is easily the BENQw1070 projector with 100 inch screen being sold at Visual Apex for $1184.00 New. smile.gif
post #3 of 4 Old 04-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
The Best bang for your buck is easily the BENQw1070 projector with 100 inch screen being sold at Visual Apex for $1184.00 New.

There are other good ones as well around that price range, but if he is planning on mounting it on his back wall, even if it`s on the 14` wall, at max zoom, the image will still be over 130 inches:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-W1070-projection-calculator-pro.htm

If it needs to be installed on the back wall like that, I`d suggest an LCD projector (although I am preferential to DLP) like the Epson 3020:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Epson-PowerLite_Home_Cinema_3020-projection-calculator-pro.htm

As for screen, look into DIY screens using the Seymour AV Centrestage XD or new UF material. It`s not hard, especially after reading the forums here and gleaning some knowledge. I built my own and saved a ton of cash which I could then spend on other home theater goodies.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Wohlhueter View Post

I have a room that is 14'-4" x 17'-2"  Ceiling is 10 ft.   I am thinking I could have a 100" wide screen mounted on the far wall.  I am mainly going to use it for sporting event watching and movies.  unfortunately there are windows however I plan on using room darkening curtains.  I am interested in what type of projector to get and what type of screen including model that people would recommend.  I don't have an unlimited budget but I don't want to get poor performance either.  Basically looking for a bang for the buck.  I look forward to your advice.

Thanks

Alex

Look at the Sony B-stocks we have available.

Sony VWPro1 or Sony HW15. Call us for pricing.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page