Help on where to start looking? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I am looking into adding a projector to my basement. What I would like to do is get a remote controlled retractable screen and Mount it flush to my ceiling (yes my Joyce run the right way) I would like to have it 1 or 2 feet in front of the TV. So I can watch normal stuff on TV and movies on projector. The screen would also naturally need to be acousticly transparent since the front left center and right channels would be behind it. If anyone could put me in the right direction I would be happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
???
post #3 of 4 Old 04-17-2014, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 51
No one can provide specific screen recommendations without knowing what projector you intend to buy, what screen size you want, your viewing habits (3D?), and how much you're willing to spend. Obviously there are more options available at the $5000 price point than there are at $500.

If I were looking for an AT screen I'd start with a forum search on the words "acoustically transparent". That will turn up plenty of threads on the topic. A general Google search on "acoustically transparent screen" will find many more. Reading about what's available, pricing, reviews, and owner impressions should allow you to narrow down the field. If you contact one of the reps at the AVScience store (the folks who host this forum), they can provide guidance if you tell them what you want and your price range. mike@avscience.com has been very helpful with my orders. AVScience has other reps who can also help with guidance & pricing.

After you've narrowed down the field to a few possibilities, email the manufacturers and request samples. Comparing samples should allow you to judge what's best.

Happy hunting!
post #4 of 4 Old 04-17-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by InABox View Post

Hello, I am looking into adding a projector to my basement. What I would like to do is get a remote controlled retractable screen and Mount it flush to my ceiling (yes my Joyce run the right way) I would like to have it 1 or 2 feet in front of the TV. So I can watch normal stuff on TV and movies on projector. The screen would also naturally need to be acousticly transparent since the front left center and right channels would be behind it. If anyone could put me in the right direction I would be happy.

Sent you a PM. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page