AVS Forum banner

Started stapling BO cloth and noticed an extremely, extremely small sized spec of a rip...can it be fixed?

330 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  butie120 
#1 ·
I bought Blackout Cloth from Carl's Place and I investigated it before I started stapling. Unfortunately my eyes must have missed it until I started stretching the cloth. I shouldn't even call it a rip. From 3 feet away it looks like the smallest spec of dirt. From 6 feet away I can't see it. But I'm wondering for you "DIY" folks, could I dab some sort of microscopic whitish liquid on this bad boy and be ok? It did not go through on to the cotton side. Just the polyester. I feel bad for even complaining. I know if my wife saw this she would say, "Really? You're concerned about that? I can't even see it!"

But I want this to be done once, and done right. Anyone?

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox  /t/1527394/started-stapling-bo-clot...d-spec-of-a-rip-can-it-be-fixed#post_24612304

Are you able to just cover it with a tiny piece of cloth?

I never really thought of that. However, I spoke to Carls place and they said putting a small drop of clear finger nail polish to bond the fibers of the fabric, and then the cheapest white out I can find is the best color match to the blackout cloth. I'm gonna give it a go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.