help me choose an under $1000 not fixed 106-110" screen for Epson 5030 in living room. Help much appreciated. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-21-2014, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello. I'm planning to buy a Epson 5030 projector based on the great reviews and the actual test I did at BestBuy/Brandsmart. I'm in love with the images I saw at said stores. I'm planning to place the projector in my living room and it will NOT be a HDTV substitute as I'm planning to use the projector only for movie watching at night on weekends plus the occasional soccer game. The movie watching would be will all lights off but as you can see in the pictures I have attached as my living room is an open one even with all lights out there still some light there where I can see my hands, I mean, is not absolute darkness as a cinema. I would love to buy a Black Diamond screen or similar but the price is way out of my budget as this will be my first time with a projector. Though I'm tempted to buy a manual Elite screen at amazon at $300 I would like something with better quality because I have read some very bad reviews of the Elite tension screens that have made me think that I rather have a manual not tension screen but of better quality. I have read a lot about the Da-Lite screens but am confused at all the options as their website is not very informative at alll.

My intended inch size is 110" but 106" would be fine. As I will not have complete control of light in my living room I would like a screen that has some kind of light rejecting feature although as I said before, primary use will be watching movies at night with all light outs.

I don't need it to be electrical or tensioned just a very good quality within said budget of no more than $1.000 with a manual retractable option. I would be very grateful if you could suggest me brands (e.g. Da-Lite or similar) and the specific model or characteristics I have to look for.

P.S. If my intended inch size is 110 but the only options are 106 and then 120, could I buy a 120" screen but use it as a 110 or so screen? Thank you very much!!

The last picture I am posting is how the living room looks with all internal lights out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-22-2014, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone? Thank you.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-22-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Well, for around $ 1000.00 - you could get a Da Lite Contour Electrol 106' diagonal in High Contrast Matte White or Matt White ( add shipping to that $1K though ).

http://www.dalite.com/products/electric-screens/wall-and-ceiling-mounted-electric-screens/contour-electrol

They are less expensive because those screen materials do not require tensioning.

If you call Da Lite they will send you screen material samples.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page