Elite CineWhite or CineGrey for Epson 3020 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old 05-01-2014, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'm going back and forth between these two materials. The room has white ceilings(7'6") and the walls are a sand color. This is in the basement, so I can control the ambient light. But I don’t want to always have all the lights off just to use the projector. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Could be wrong but I thought the grey screens are for DLP projectors - to help their contrast out as they tend to have plenty of brightness.

Outside of that, if that PJ is contrast challenged, then go for the grey and you'll also get a drop in brightness (neg gain). In most cases folks prefer positive gain screens.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Get the Cinegrey 5D. I fell for all that talk that grey screens are no longer needed because modern projectors have such great contrast. Don't fall for it the way i did. Unless you have dark walls and a dark ceiling, the room will compromise your contrast. The Epson 3020 has good, not great, contrast. It needs help from a good screen to perform its best. The Cinegrey 5D will help preserve the 3020's contrast even with some ambient light, and will give you greater brightness with its 1.5 gain.