Stewart Sabre Framed FireHawk G4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-14-2014, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'm happy to say my new screen came today smile.gif Thought I would post some pics since its rare to see these anywhere. I wanted the "Zero Edge" look from Screen Innovations and the FireHawk material. This is the solution.... and its disgusting in person. Its a true masterpiece. Things you can't see in the picture is that the frame is actually black brushed aluminum. There is a VERY small overscan board (about 1/2), and the frame is only 3/4 inch thick from the wall. Mounting was simple. The only downfall I found so far is trying to figure out where I'm going to keep the massive crate it was shipped in. Sorry for the crappy phone pics... I'll put up better ones later once I get my 55ES dialed in.

Oh... and thanks Mike!!!!!! biggrin.gif (P.S. Hope your phone is on and you're not busy tinkering with your new speaker)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-15-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Nice!!

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #3 of 8 Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan30306 View Post

I'm happy to say my new screen came today smile.gif Thought I would post some pics since its rare to see these anywhere. I wanted the "Zero Edge" look from Screen Innovations and the FireHawk material. This is the solution.... and its disgusting in person. Its a true masterpiece. Things you can't see in the picture is that the frame is actually black brushed aluminum. There is a VERY small overscan board (about 1/2), and the frame is only 3/4 inch thick from the wall. Mounting was simple. The only downfall I found so far is trying to figure out where I'm going to keep the massive crate it was shipped in. Sorry for the crappy phone pics... I'll put up better ones later once I get my 55ES dialed in.

Oh... and thanks Mike!!!!!! biggrin.gif (P.S. Hope your phone is on and you're not busy tinkering with your new speaker)

Well that did not take long to get mounted. smile.gif Heck my new subwoofer driver is still sitting on the floor of my HT. Will see if I can't get the 80lb driver installed this weekend. smile.gif I will have to say, Stewart packs their stuff up very well. smile.gif Looking forward to the pics with image. Thank you for letting us work with you.

P.S. The garage is too neat and empty. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #4 of 8 Old 05-16-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would love to see some more pictures. This doesn't seem to be a very popular product and there are almost no public images in a real,world setting.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-16-2014, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter_29 View Post

I would love to see some more pictures. This doesn't seem to be a very popular product and there are almost no public images in a real,world setting.

Yea, as soon as I'm done aligning the picture I'll post some good ones. I've spent the whole day cursing Sony and their damn manual lens.... mad.gif
post #6 of 8 Old 05-18-2014, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Here are some more pictures. I'm not a fan of having to black out or modify a room to block out ambient light, which is why I chose the G4. As you can see in the pics- it does very well with ambient light. I have all the window blinds open in the room and a bunch of light is coming in from the sides as well as up top from the staircase hallways (natural light). I have the 55ES projector paired with this screen and the result is phenomenal. Very pleased- actually beyond what I expected. More or less, unless you have every single light on in the room, all window blinds open- its more than watchable with minimal wash out. Thus far I have yet to have to close blinds or turn down the lights beyond what I would normally do when watching something any other type of display. All these pics were taken with the window blinds open and during the day (sunny outside).

I tried to take pics of the frame the best I could. Sorry- crappy camera phone. My walls are a light grey (lighter than the grey material of the G4) and the ceiling is white. You can differentiate the felt overscan border from the frame as the frame is somewhat of a matte black brushed aluminum. The screen looks good even without a picture and its pretty non-intrusive in respects to "decorating" terms. I would have no problem throwing it up in a main room or living room where everyone would see it even if its off. If there were graphics on the screen material you would think it was a piece of artwork, that's how well the frame is designed. Definitely worth the extra money, especially if you live in a more modern home or loft. I did find out from Stewart that you can wire fly (hang off ceiling with wires) using a kit they make for it. So, you can do the same thing as the Screen Innovations Zero Edge. You could in theory also put lighting in their yourself (LED Rope Lighting) because there is a 1/2 channel inside the frame on the back side.

post #7 of 8 Old 05-18-2014, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

I had to take pictures from an angle. My PJ is on a bar top. I haven't hung it from the ceiling yet... haven't gotten that far... busy watching movies tongue.gif
post #8 of 8 Old 05-19-2014, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Thanks for sharing. The Firehawk is a good screen for your situation. I had the G3 version for 5 years, until I did decide to black out my theater room. Enjoy your picture !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page