Buy or build a freestanding mount for 100" projector screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-15-2014, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a 100" Elite screen that I want to be able to make free standing so it can sit on top of a media console by itself without needing support from a wall. Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy such a thing, or the best way to build it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2014, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcxan View Post

I have a 100" Elite screen that I want to be able to make free standing so it can sit on top of a media console by itself without needing support from a wall. Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy such a thing, or the best way to build it?

Maybe you could attach 2 or 3 vertical support posts directly to the back of the console? Alternatively, you could also hang the screen from the ceiling with chains or cables? confused.gif

...Glenn smile.gif
post #3 of 4 Old 05-16-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcxan View Post

Is this a fixed frame, manual pull down, or electric drop down?
Fixed frame may need more support than you would think to keep from flexing as in possible a drywall or ply wood sheet attached to the uprights under the screen. .. Anything is possible with the proper skillset, and/or money..
The assumptions is this media center is out in an open concept room with no wall? Since you want it over a media center (heavy furniture) I would modify the media center to act at the base to the supporting structure.. Assuming carpentry skills and equipment..
Typically from what I have seen online, free standing screens are much larger and I do not recall ever seeing a universal stand assembly...If Elite does not offer what you want, I think it is a DIY project.

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-16-2014, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It's a fixed frame. I agree I'll probably have to build a stand.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page