Best AT screen for Benq W1070 without moire effect? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2014, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Best AT screen for Benq W1070 without moire effect?

Hey all, as the title says I've got a Benq W1070 (well, it's on its way from Amazon, I don't physically have it yet). I'm trying to figure out which screen to get.

I'll try to keep this short and simple. Does anybody here has experience with the W1070 and an AT screen? Which screen makes the best "match"?

I'm looking for a screen in the range of 92", but I would also be open to doing a DIY screen and saving money if anybody here can point me towards a quality AT fabric that I can use.

Edit: I will be running it in 1080p of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstam View Post
Hey all, as the title says I've got a Benq W1070 (well, it's on its way from Amazon, I don't physically have it yet). I'm trying to figure out which screen to get.

I'll try to keep this short and simple. Does anybody here has experience with the W1070 and an AT screen? Which screen makes the best "match"?

I'm looking for a screen in the range of 92", but I would also be open to doing a DIY screen and saving money if anybody here can point me towards a quality AT fabric that I can use.

A friend of mine who has a Benq 1070 tried a bunch of different samples before he settled on a 130 inch Seymour screen with centerstage XD material. From his 13 foot seating position I saw no moire effect and no weave. He bought it with a precision frame, so he spent over 1200 dollars.
If you want to save a whole lot of money, you can buy the material and build the frame yourself. Also Jamestown sells an AT screen with Seymour material for about 200 less.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstam View Post

If you can wait a little while, you can order a Jamestown Screen. He makes Projector screens with Seymour Center Stage XD Material at a fraction of the cost. For example, a 110" screen would cost $500. Just keep in mind, that it is a small operation, so the time between ordering it and receiving it, might take longer than expected. But the screen offer an amazing value.

P.S. Just E-mail him and he'll quote you for a 92". He sells 92" in other fabrics, so, it's fairly reasonable he'd do the screen in Center Stage XD at that size. You'd just have to check on the price with him.

http://jamestownhometheaterscreen.co...nDiagonal.html

Last edited by Al Toid; 07-04-2014 at 05:58 PM.